THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

expect the unexpected

I never expected that the comment we received in VJ Hunt 2007 was flattering. I expected compliment like good work, nice program something like that, but to hear that it was the best VJ Hunt ever produced, hello? It was so flattering. I can’t imagine that what we did is the best among the VJ Hunt ever. All the risks, effort, time and attention that we spent in that program was brouhgt us to the next level, in a way looking ourselves as a real mass comm. student. VJ hunt was the accomplishment for us that I should be proud of. It made me realized that I can, we can organize a program like the VJ hunt. I’m also proud to Mar for the idea of retro, it helped the program to be alive and much interesting, also Gean, Mic and especially Cris for being a good host. I realized that Gean could be a great dancer hehehe. On the other hand, Cris did her best even I knew that she can do that but still she proved that she can handle a crowd in her own humor. Mic also did her best though she said that di daw siya mabenta hahaha and Julia also for the participation.

Before the program started, I was nervous for the dance number of the candidates. I rehearsed them with the help of Vanessa before the show. We used the CD for rehearsal temporarily, while waiting for the Cas band. We planned that the candidates were going to dance with the Cas band. Suddenly in the last minute rehearsing the dance with the Cas band, the band and the CD we’ve rehearsed did not matched the beat and the countings. The candidates started to ask why the steps changed. And I really don’t know what to do, I can’t change the steps that moment because there was no time. I thought it will get worst if I do that. I talked to the band to adjust their timing for the sake of the dancer, so there were changes in the dance.Then I finalized the steps to all the candidates in backstage because there were already audience outside. Then the program started with their dance, but then again the Cas band weren’t ready yet.To avoid the dead air, they played only the CD. So I started to get nervous again because the steps were changed. There was no choice, so Vane and I went to the front where they will see us to give them the signal on what step they will do. Thank God the candidates were fast learner. But still in the end it was overwhelming because the audience kept on shouting and cheering according to their own bet.


I’m still flattered that despite of the nervous and effort we did, it resulted good. Thanks to the ABMC3- Myk the one, Cris, Jel, Mex, Mavic, Matitu, Kay, Mic, Spring, Lord, Renddy, Rv, Archie, Annalou, tinay, Vane, Ira, Rona, Kath, Joowoon, Melford and especially Gean and Mar. Wavyou guys!!

Also the Candidates thanks..

1 comments:

mic-mic said...

it has been almost two months now, but ya, i can still feel our victory, haha! of course, we all felt the same, very flattered to receive a comment we did not really expect. I guess that's what you get when you expect the worst, and yet hope for the best. of course, we can't really avoid unexpected things to happen whether, positive or negative, but we'll deal with them, and we have dealt with both, we experienced dilemmas which falls under the big ones and we managed to go on with the show and then we got the reward right after, it wasn't something tangible but it was something that would inspire us as students and soon as real mass comm. practitioners.